The River Griese Trout and Salmon Anglers Association maintains over 30 miles of wild brown trout and salmon fishing over 15 plus beats, from Colbinstown Bridge through Kilkea Castle and down to the River Barrow at Jerusalem.
Please note that Day Ticket holders can fish Beat 1 (Colbinstown Bridge to Spratstown Bridge) to Beat 6 (Old Mill Bridge, Ballitore to R747 Bridge). Members can fish all Beats. Day Tickets can be obtained either online via the website or Narraghmore, Ballitore and Moone Post Offices as well as in Crookstown Service Station and Behans Service Station, Castledermot.
Please hover over the Beat Map tab to click through to individual Beat Maps and pictures. Beat Maps will include access details, parking etc. Please note that we are continuously updating these and you should check regularly for any changes.
All Beat Maps are also available to download as individual PDFs here.
All downloads include a copy of The Countryside Code, and we ask all anglers to respect all aspects of the Code during their time spent fishing.
Beats 1 to 6 are Day Tickets and Members
- Beat 01 Colbinstown Bridge to Spratstown Bridge
- Beat 02 Spratstown Bridge to Inchaquire Bridge
- Beat 03 Inchaquire Bridge to Crookstown Bridge
- Beat 04 Crookstown Bridge to Ballitore Bridge
- Beat 05 Ballitore Bridge to Old Mill Bridge Ballitore
- Beat 06 Old Mill Bridge Ballitore to R747 Bridge
Beats 7 to 11 are Members Only